Pacific Heights is an upscale and prestigious neighborhood located in the northern part of San Francisco, California. Known for its stunning architecture, historic homes, panoramic views, and a sense of refinement, Pacific Heights is considered one of the city's most desirable and affluent residential areas.
Here are the top 5 reasons to live in Pacific Heights:
- Historic and Architecturally Rich: Pacific Heights is known for its rich history of being an enclave to wealthy families and their elegant mansions. The architectural styles range from Italianates, Queen Anne Victorians, Mission Revival, Edwardian, Italian Renaissance, and French Chateau. Many of the homes were designed by famous Bay Area architects such as; Julius Krafft, William Wurster, Albert Farr, Ernest Coxhead, and Willis Polk.
- Luxury Real Estate: The real estate in Pacific Heights is among the most expensive in San Francisco, with multi-million-dollar homes being the norm. Many residences feature luxurious amenities such as a basketball court, pool, jacuzzi, home theater, wine cellar or a putting green. The homes on the block of 2700, 2800 and 2900 Broadway are known as “Billionaire Row”. This is where you will find the most expensive houses in the neighborhood with the best views of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco Bay.
- Tree-Lined Streets: The streets of Pacific Heights are lined with mature trees, providing shade and enhancing the neighborhood's aesthetic appeal. The tree-lined streets are ideal for leisurely walks and add to the overall charm of the area.
- Top-Rated Schools: Pacific Heights is home to several renowned private schools, making it an attractive option for families seeking quality education for their children. This includes Convent and Stuart Hall, SF Waldorf, Town School for Boys, The Hamlin School, SF University High School and Stuart Hall High School.
- Dining and Shopping: The neighborhood offers a selection of high-end boutiques, fine dining restaurants, and upscale cafes along Fillmore Street, making it convenient for residents to enjoy gourmet cuisine and luxury shopping. They also have Mollie Stones, a neighborhood gourmet grocery store.
Pacific Heights is a neighborhood that combines historic charm, breathtaking views, architectural beauty, and a sense of exclusivity. It attracts residents who appreciate its classic elegance, proximity to cultural attractions, and the upscale lifestyle it offers within the vibrant city of San Francisco.